IDS provides a variety of electronic conversion solutions to support clients by giving a consistent structure to their content. Our solutions enable digital conversion of your backfiles to support more efficient digital distribution and normalization of all publications. Our production team and project managers actively work with our clients to assist them in repurposing their content and in redefining the value of their information.
Converting content across media and coding/formats.
IDS provides customized and time tested solutions to support your data conversion initiatives. We have services and solutions for all your needs to convert data from one media to another media and from one coding/format to another coding/format. Our services include:
- Conversion of data from Hard copy/ Image files/ soft files on any media to XML.
- HTML, XML, SGML tagging and coding as per client DTD or Schema.
- E-books – converting to Kindle, ePub, composite PDF from WORD/PDF/hard copy/XML.
- PDF to WORD, XML.
- XML to PDF.
- Indesign/Quark to WORD.
- Indesign/Quark to XML, XHTML.
- Transformation of XML from one DTD to another DTD.
IDS specialize in high accuracy data conversion.
Our content conversion processes are based on in house designed work flows and can be easily altered and tuned to meet your customized project requirements.
- Our processes are based on six sigma techniques (DMAIC) and operate under SQC checkpoints thereby consistently ensuring 99% and higher tagging accuracies.
- XML first, Customized MIS and Work flow.
- Demonstrated expertise in high volume conversion of data / backfiles.
- Customized workflow to support integration of XML content with InDesign and E-books.
IDS specializes in multi langage content conversion.
- IDS capabilities include precision data capture and conversion of content in its native language to multiple digital products for supporting eBooks, XML and various other deliverables.
- We have affordable, proven technology and efficient processes in place to support foreign language data conversion from a variety of source media such as hard copy, images, PDF, WORD, DTP files or microfilm and microfiche.
- We have tested and processed foreign language source content with powerful OCR technology coupled with machine translation to support the translation of your foreign language content.
- We assist you in exploring ways to move your content from "localized" to more "globalized" diverse multi language digital solutions.
IDS domain knowledge and expertise.
- Business relationships since last several years with leading publishers, knowledge service providers and aggregators in the US and UK.
- Conversion of over one hundred thousand back file hard copy journal pages to XML for a leading UK publisher every month on as on- going basis.
- Case law conversion of over three hundred thousand pages to XML from Hard copy/ PDF for a leading legal publisher and knowledge service provider.
- High volume bibliographic references conversion to XML to the tune of one hundred thousand references each month on as on-going basis.
- Conversion of complex technical engineering and scientific content from PDF/ WORD to XML.
- Eighty thousand technical standards pages converted in a single month on special request.
XML to XML conversion (Different DTD’s to client DTD) for a leading US knowledge service provider.
- One hundred thousand bibliographic references converted every month as on-going basis.
Journals content conversion - current content to XML (WORD to XML) for a leading UK publisher
- One hundred thousand pages converted to XML every year.
Capturing/cropping/editing of images along with their associated data elements and converting captured Meta data elements into XML per defined DTD.
- Over a million images data converted every year on an on- going basis.
Capturing relevant information from documents to populate excel/access or RDBMS databases.
E-book conversion for the leading UK and US clients – technical as well as novels, autobiographies and fiction. Conversion from PDF to E-book formats – ePub, .PRC etc. through IDS Digital First XML process.